What Sets Chris Christensen Brushes Apart?
Chris Christensen Big G – What’s the Big Deal
If you’ve never heard of Chris Christensen, and the Big G Slicker Brush, you’re in for a treat! Chris Christensen is the “Paul Mitchell of Poodles”. Christensen is a $4 million dollar company that continues to grow – and with good reason; creating and selling high end grooming products like none other. The company uses research-based learning to create products that really work.
The company has steadily grown (with an average of 5 products in development at all times) since it all began in 1996 with their first product, White on White, in a one-car garage operation in Dallas, Texas.
Years later, Chris Christensen Systems now offers over 476 products with new products continuously in development based in Fairfield, Texas, in a 30,000 square foot facility. This makes the company the largest employer in Fairfield with 30 employees and growing.
Chris Christensen’s core product line contains a large variety of products. What is unique is it contains all-breed products, coat-specific products, intensive coat treatments, colour enhancements, styling solutions, even effective quick fixes. Additionally, brilliant hand-crafted brushes and grooming tools, shears, professional pet salon products, and more – for the pet professional, the dog show enthusiast, and the pet owner.
Chris Christensen products are known for quality.
What makes these slicker brushes a groomer’s miracle?
• Has a gripped coating for using in the bath
• Has a large ergonomic handle
• You can fluff, detangle and style with one tool
• Flexible cushion is gentle and forgiving
• The pins are soft and scratch free
• Cuts grooming prep time in half
• Reduces groomer fatigue
• Has a cushioned pad that retracts the soft and scratch free pins to grasp tangles and knots
• Designed with larger than standard pins to grasp hair and save time and energy during pet grooming
• The Big G has 40% more pins than the Big K (which we will compare later); the Big G can do more work per stroke (like using a comb, you first use a coarse side of the comb i.e. Big K then the fine side of the comb i.e. Big G – as a professional groomer, both are a necessity.
This brush is designed for fluffing curly, cottony coats; used to fluff and shape heads, toplines, and legs.
This brush is best for:
The Big G Slicker Brush is the best selling brush in the Chris Christensen range.
This slicker is best for Poodles and Poodle Mixes (combination coats) because of its ability to remove tangles and mats with ease. Fluff, detangle and style with one tool. What makes this brush so charming is the ability of the soft cushion and pins to work together to retract and grab large knots out of a matted dog. Also very useful to fluff, style and shape heads, topline and legs.
Chris Christensen Big G is available in three sizes to fit your breed and size of dog.
• Baby G: (use on hard to reach areas)
◦ Head 2 3/8″ x 2 3/8″
◦ Body 7 3/8″
• Medium G: (use on legs, columns, and poms)
◦ Head 2 3/8″ x 3 ¾”
◦ Body 7 3/8″
• Large G: (use on body)
◦ Head 3 3/4″ x 3 ¾”
◦ Body 8″
How to use a slicker brush properly:
Danielle & Sheepdog Riggs
Did you find this information helpful? Do you enjoy my content or learn something new? Consider showing your support by buying me a coffee.
Has your dog been affected by Canine Copper-Associated Hepatopathy? Please see our Members Page.
Are you in need of a Veterinarian right now? Vetster is 24/7 on demand online veterinary virtual appointments. Search by location, availability, species, vet profile, treatment and more. Connect with a licensed veterinarian in minutes from the comfort of your own home.